Wednesday 28 January 2015

The Fall...


I fell from the top of a tall block of apartments.
How I remember my children growing
and the never-ending beauty of my wife
my boy and my girl, so full of knowing
my darling, the centre of my humble life.

But the ground rushes up at me as I fly down so fast.

I’ve loved the same woman for all of my time
contented and happy and passionate are we
I remember the night full of vodka and lime
when I asked my love if she would marry me.

And still the ground races up at me…

What joy we have had on our long journey here
with some pains that we’ve shared and endured
sadness has crept in and occasional fear
but we beat it all back and we still feel assured.

I hit the ground --- there is nowhere else to go…
Did I make it…did I not?
Was it a dream…was it not?

©Joe Wilson – The Fall…2015

No comments:

Post a Comment